I love soup and eating soup in the fall is my favorite thing to do. So when we got a “cool” front this week I had to make this amazing recipe. It is simple but honestly amazing and easily will become a household favorite. This should make enough for 4-5 people. I hope this Simple Butternut Squash Soup finds you warmness in your belly.
- 8 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced up
- 8 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup of vanilla Yogurt
- ¼ t cayenne pepper (optional) I use when I have a cold to help kick the cold
HOW TO MAKE
- I first cut up my squash into diced squares.
- First I placed the oil in the Instant Pot with my oil, onion and garlic, till soft then
- Placed the squash into the Instant pot and rest of the spices with half of the chicken broth
- Turned my Instant Pot on for 12 minutes.
- After the squash was done I put in the chicken broth and let cook on simmer for 30 minutes or you can pressure for 13 if you want faster.
- Last before we ate I added in the yogurt and then served with a grilled cheese.