I love rosemary and here is a way to make some Rosemary Infused Olive Oil quickly and you could even make enough to share with friends. The only bad part is that you have to use it within a month.
So here are the easy directions-
- Clean the herbs very well that you are going to use.
- Soak all your herbs, in a water bath for about an hour and then rinse in a colander a few times. Once you are sure they are fully clean, set out on a towel to dry for about 48 hours OR place in an Oven set to “Warm” for a couple hours
- Clean out the bottles out, place upside down so they dry.
- Place the oil on the stove top on medium/high and place half the rosemary in the pan too. Let the mixture sit and infuse for 5-10 minutes or until the leaves of the rosemary begin to wilt and they turn a different shade of green.
- Next turn off the stove top and let it cool for at least 1 hour
- Add 2-3 pieces of rosemary into each bottle
- Last get out a funnel and carefully fill each bottle but NOTE -fill each bottle about 1/2 way with the rosemary oil and then fill the rest of the way with your fresh/plain oil.
- Close the lid and on the bottom mark when you made or use by date so you remember. The shelf life is 2 weeks via counter and 4 weeks in the fridge.