Busy night? If so, then make this recipe and you will be in heaven with how easy this recipe is. Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken is one of those amazing recipes that is so easy you will make it every week! We eat this on a bun as a sandwich, but you could easily have this alone with regular sides, or on a salad. I’ve even added it to a tortilla for a fun barbecue taco option.
Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- 1.5 lbs of chicken breast
- 1 bottle of BBQ Sauce (12-16oz)
- Pickles and Onions if you want
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of your Instant Pot Liner.
- Top with 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce. Since this sauce is thick, you may want to use 1/2 bottle sauce with 1/2 cup water to thin and bring to pressure more easily. You can then add more sauce after it is done cooking to your preference of flavor.
- Place the lid and set to seal.
- Turn your Instant Pot to High Pressure or the Meat Setting for 20 minutes.
- Once done cooking allow to naturally pressure release for 5 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Using tongs or forks, shred the chicken and mix in added barbecue sauce if wanted.
- Serve with toasted buns for sandwiches as shown, or on tacos, salads, or alone as desired.
This Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken is an easy weeknight meal that makes itself. While the chicken is cooking, you can easily whip up a side salad, some veggies, or even bake some french fries to enjoy along with a sandwich.