I don’t know too many people who don’t love an amazing bowl of soup – especially italian sausage soup!
This particular soup is incredibly easy when you have sausage leftover – maybe you made this copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana — in which case, use the leftover sausage to put this soup together.
It’s so incredibly easy and has so much flavor. Pair with a loaf of garlic bread and you have a pretty hearty meal.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can whip up this soup in your Dutch Oven – or.. in your crock pot, though it might take a little longer.
Consider picking up an Instant Pot – it’s one of the best appliances you will ever invest in for your kitchen. Not only does it make food a little faster, it allows you to create healthy meals that are a fraction of the cost of eating out.
There are a myriad of benefits to having an Instant Pot – and you can whip up any of these 50+ recipes from Soup to Tamales, Yogurt & more.
- 1 lb sweet italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 C. chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 C. beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 C. shredded carrots
- 1 8 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 C. red wine
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbsp dried basil
- 4 oz dried pasta (we used shells)
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Using the saute feature, saute the sausage, garlic and onion in a few Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Reserve 1 Tbsp of the drippings, and drain the rest.
- Put the garlic, onions and sausage back in the pot.
- Dump in the water, beef broth, wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, tomato sauce & pasta.
- Cover with the lid, and seal the valve.
- Push Manual (high) and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- The pot will take some time to come to pressure; once at pressure it will count down 4 minutes.
- Once it beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 min, then do a quick release with remaining pressure.
- Skim any fat off the soup, then stir in basil and parsley.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste, then ladle into bowls.
- Not required, but we garnished ours with fresh kale.