Do you love chocolate? If you do, this recipe has your name ALL over it! I’m in love with our Instant Pot, and I have more of a love affair knowing that I can whip up cake in a jiffy – with just a few simple ingredients.
On a diet? A little cake is ok .. in moderation. These little miniature cakes do so well for an after dinner dessert – not too much, not too little, and great even without whip cream or ice cream. Not to mention they cook in MINUTES with a few ingredients you probably have right in the pantry.
You’ll want to make sure you have some ramekins for this recipe – if you don’t have any, you can pick up a great deal on Amazon.. they have several styles. We used 4 oz Ramekins and the recipe below made 3.
But if you use 1 C. ramekins like these HERE, you can double up the recipe as you see fit. If you like a looser “lava” dessert, then cook for 6 minutes.
You’ll also want to have Cacao Powder – we usually use Viva Labs Organic Cacao from Amazon and it really lasts quite a long time.
Don’t these look incredible? They are – and they are SO easy to make. You will want to make these every day knowing how easy and fast they are. Trust me!
We cooked ours for 9 minutes and they were cake-like in the inside. You’ll probably want to do some experimenting to find the end result that you like the best.
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Milk (we used Raw)
- 4 Tbsp All Purpose, Organic Unbleached Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Optional: 6 drops Orange Vitality Essential Oil (we use Young Living)
- OR... 1/2 tsp Orange Zest
- Optional: Powdered sugar for dusting
- Grease your ramekins with a little butter or oil and set aside.
- In your Instant Pot, pour 1 C. of water, and place the trivet inside the inner pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix up all of the ingredients listed above until well blended.
- Pour into your ramekins - and fill just shy of the top of each.
- Place the ramekins inside the Instant Pot, put the lid on top, and close the valve.
- Set the Instant Pot to 6 minutes (for more of a "gooey" inside) or, 9 minutes for more of a cake-like result.
- Once the pot beeps, remove the ramekins and sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar, if desired.