Be ready to make some Christmas Coal Treats. Christmas time is here and I love to make SWEETS and over the summer I made a recipe for some sweet brownie Oreo yummies so this week when I was thinking about what to make for a tacky sweater party I thought why not make edible coal. So I bought the stuff to make and WOW they turned out great so I decided to take pictures and post about it so you could make too. I hope you get to make for fun or with your kids. Also MERRY CHRISTMAS from my family to yours.
So here are the easy recipe but first the ingredients-
One package of Oreo’s (reg stuffed)
One bag of Marshmallows
1/8 stick of butter
Bowl to mix in
and pot to mix up the marshmallows in
Now to make-
- Melt the butter in the pot.
- Once melted add the marshmallows to the pot and let them melt
- While they are melting you you will put the oreos in the blender (you will make into dirt size)
- Once they are completely melted you will add the mixture to your bowl
- Mix in the crushed Oreo’s, keep mixing till well combined
- Once that is done you will simple get out your cookie sheet and wax paper and use your fingers and drop the “coal” on to the wax paper.
*NOTE you will have to manually put each piece of coal on the paper to make it look like mine. If you don’t have time for that you can get out a n 8X8 brownie pan and put the wax paper down in it then pour the mixture and let it sit for a few hours. After harden you can go back and cut up into small pieces and still call it “coal”.