There are only a few things I love more than my Instant Pot…. for example, a nice, warm cup of cider.
There is no denying that the fall and winter months are an encouraging time to sip apple cider around a hot, cozy fire. It’s a drink that everyone can enjoy – from kids all the way up to adult. It’s also a drink that’s traditionally picked up in the grocery store, where you can find it on end caps and scattered around the produce aisle.
Whether by the two-quart or by the gallon jug, it’s normally fairly expensive – thankfully there isn’t any reason to buy that spiced cider you find in the store, especially if you have an Instant Pot.
You’ll be happy to know that you can make your own homemade spiced cider in mere minutes using your Instant Pot.
Not only will you be able to sip until your heart is content, the gathering of flavors that combine in your Instant Pot will make your house smell incredible for hours afterward…
Thisis homemade spiced apple cider in the Instant Pot combines fresh, organic apples with a few cinnamon sticks, clove, and ginger – it’s sweetened ever so slightly with a little maple syrup.
Cider is the perfect drink to whip up around the holidays when family and friends pop in to visit – serve it up next to your favorite ginger cookies, chocolate chip cookies, or simply with a piece of beautiful chocolate cheesecake – who doesn’t love sweets?
Gather round, because once you make this homemade cider, you will not want to revert back to the grocery store variety – this Instant Pot spicecd cider is just too easy to make!
- 5-6 unpeeled, organic apples (we used Granny Smith but feel to use your favorite variety)
- 1" piece of organic ginger, peeled
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 1/4 C maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- Use an apple cutter to core and slice your apples, leaving the skin on. Place them in the blender, and fill the blender to the 4 C. mark with water.
- Blend the contents until the apples are well pureed -- use a strainer to pour the blender contents into your Instant Pot, use a spoon to push as much water out of the apple pulp as you can. You may have to do this several times.
- Place the Instant Pot stainless steel pot insert inside of the Instant Pot appliance. Top off the water until it reaches 6 Cups (the mark on the inside of the pot). Add the maple syrup, cinnamon sticks, ginger, and cloves. Close the valve and set the pot on manual (high) for 13 minutes.
- Once the pot reaches pressure, it will count down from 13 minutes. Once it beeps done, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then carefully open up the lid. There will be quite a bit of steam so use caution!
- Give it a stir, then ladle into mugs and enjoy! Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 5 days in a glass quart-size canning jar.