This traditional Irish Colcannon Soup is a common St. Patrick’s Day addition to the regular corned beef and cabbage.
It’s incredibly easy to make – a trip to the Farmer’s Market will give you everything you need, and let your Instant Pot do all the work. While this can be made on a stove top, it’s so much easier and faster to make it in the Instant Pot… plus, being able to dump it in, put on a lid and walk away is priceless…
Especially if you have to help kids with homework and do household chores!
Whether you are new to your Instant Pot or have had it a while, you will want to bookmark Over 50 recipes for the Instant Pot – including Tamales, Yogurt, Orange Chicken & more.
Instant Pot Irish Colcannon Soup, if you want to pin this for later click here.
My favorite other than this soup for St. Patrick’s Day is the Corned Beef in the Instant pot
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 2 C. chopped green cabbage
- 2 C. chopped kale
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and diced (5-6 large)
- 6 C. chicken broth
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 C. heavy cream
- 3-4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Push saute & combine the sliced leeks, cabbage, kale, and butter and saute for 7-8 minutes or until wilted.
- Turn the saute function OFF.
- Add the potatoes and broth, and place the cover on the Instant Pot.
- Seal the valve, and push manual (high) for 7 minutes.
- When it's done, release naturally for 10 min and then do a quick release.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and heavy cream.
- Using your potato masher, give the soup some texture by mashing - you can do this right in the Instant Pot. You don't want to use an immersion blender as you have kale & cabbage in there.
- Taste test - need more salt? Add it - same with pepper.
- Ladle into bowls - mix in some sliced green onions if you wish.