One of the best reasons to have an Instant Pot is to allow yourself the ability to have an extra appliance to be able to make healthy and effortless meals.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, there are 1,001 reasons to buy one – not only do they do the job of a slow cooker, they have several other functions, too. My favorite thing about this Instant Pot is the ability I have to put the food in, push a button, and walk away.
With 5 kids, I always worry about them climbing on the counters, touching stove tops, and getting into things they shouldn’t – but with this pot, they can’t….
And that is pretty awesome.
If you have an Instant Pot, please pin this guide to over 50 Recipes for your Instant Pot, including Yogurt, Steel Cut Oats, Tamales + more.
Now, lets talk about Mushrooms. These button mushrooms are such an amazing item to pick up at the farmers market. If you were to go eat at the Outback Steakhouse you would pay dearly for these mushrooms – and in all honesty they are SO easy to make yourself.
A few minutes.
A few ingredients.
And bam! They are done – just like that The best part is that they are full of flavor, with few ingredients, and a wonderful last minute side dish to a nice steak or dish of chicken. Every time we whip these up in the kitchen they disappear in minutes.
That might partly my fault…
In truth, it’s mostly my husband. He an’t help himself… it’s almost as if they are as tempting as M&M’s. Our lovely CSA allows us to add mushrooms for just a few bucks a bag – and they are pesticide free, and organic. I love the fact that we can take something SO simple and transform it into something incredibly amazing.
I LOVE these mushrooms!
If you happen to have a little butter at home (maybe you make your own) you can use that instead of extra virgin olive oil. No matter what you use though, they will turn out fabulous. Double the recipe if you want to make sure you get a second helping because they will go very fast.
Crank out these mushrooms for your family and let me know how you like them ~ come back, leave a comment or post on our Facebook page. We’d love to see the results!
- 1/3 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, mince
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Optional: 3 Tbsp white wine
- salt/pepper to taste
- In your Instant Pot, pour in the olive oil and push the saute function.
- Add the garlic cloves and fresh mushrooms and stir to coat with the olive oil.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes or until softened - unlike most instant pot recipes, please ensure you don't walk away or you will have some overcooked mushrooms.
- Once softened, turn the Instant Pot OFF.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar with white wine (which is optional) and pour into the instant pot, stir to coat, cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- If you are not using white wine, just stir in the balsamic vinegar to coat and allow to heat that additional 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper before serving.